My Dog Skip movie theme

Monday, June 20, 2011

1000 gifts of thanks

Touched and inspired by Ann Voskamp and her book, One Thousand Gifts, to start my own list of gifts of thanks.  May it inspire you too...to live a life of thanksgiving, and by so doing, find yourself seeing our Lord in every nook and cranny of life, living with God "in focus", tasting and seeing and hearing that the Lord, He is good......even when......yes.....even when.....

Thank you, Father (abba) God for:
1.time with a new friend, knowing she is a gift from you

2. the smell of fresh baked French bread, and
                                                   
fresh apricot cobbler
(fruit of my tree),
beginnings of a lunch to share with my new friend

3. a cool day--87 degrees instead of the 100+ degrees of the last week
4. a gathering of neighbors to have supper with--neighbors next door instead of miles and miles away like it used to be....
5. the blogosphere, where I have found a highway for expression of your thoughts in my mind...
6. for this day, of life to live, of memories to make, of thanks to give


2 comments:

  1. Love it. I have my list going.What a change in outlook it has made for me. I still need to change more,but it changes your perspective.Wish I was there to share lunch. Remembering our sweet lunches together and prayer times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you had been here for lunch too!! I would have loved to introduce you to her. And I thank you for introducing me to Ann Voskamp and her book and blog--it's been such a blessing, another gift!! How I miss you Cindy....

    ReplyDelete